Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Be who you are



I invite you, along with those of us reading "One Girl" to ponder our passions and roles. Listen to these words from Ruth Haley Barton on leadership.........."It is the call to be who we are, and at the same time to become more than we can envision." Remember the movie Matilda?! I have been thinking about that little girl a lot. She was who she was, but oh so much more. She saw her own heart, I believe. some more words from Ruth.... "Vocation does not come from a voice somewhere "out there" calling me to be something I am not. It comes from a voice "in here" calling me to be the person I was born to be, to fulfill the original selfhood given to me at birth by God." I love that! God must just adore seeing us grow up.........like children, even in those awkward or hard stages............into the awareness of who we really are. That process will never end until our earthly days end......but like Matilda I pray you work on knowing your heart. I'm working on that one too:) XO

3 comments:

Kristin said...

You are precious, precious, precious! I wish you to know this my dear blog friend. You are a princess in His courts and I know God a bit better and feel closer to Him because of this precious light you are to the world. Thank you for you sweet Cherie!

Smiles, sunshine and sweet blessings all over you. Yep, the kind you cannot dust off!

xo

Stephanie O. said...

I love to read your posts! The artwork is beautiful as are the words that you write...

Katie Arnold said...

I looove the picture of the girl on this blog, Mom! Where did you get it?! Did you make a wall-hanging out of it or something?

Oh and of course... good words, yer a smart lady. ;)

Loveeeeee you!!
xoxo