Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Mirror, mirror, mirror, mirror on the wall..........

Mirror mirror fun for my Anna and her Abby. So fun to have friends to play with this week!


Oh the Happy Couple! They were like shining stars in the mirrors!




Just back from Destin Florida and three things come to mind. White sandy beaches, beautiful teal gulf water, and lots of mirrors! When we rented the resort cottage to vacation and attend a family friend's wedding, I knew there would be lots of mirrors. It's just the Florida way! I was intimidated before we even got there. I don't usually find mirrors so fun while i run around in my bathing suit, ya know?! But I have to share what I found. Maybe you will try this too.


Each morning when I woke up I saw myself looking back at me about 10 inches away! It was even before I had lifted my head or fully focused. And I laughed! Just giggled to think this is how God see's me each morning. Like we see our little ones......and even big ones..........or the ones that lie next to us each night. Messy hair, cute unspoiled attitudes and pure in the morning light. Mercies new every morning. So what can you try? How about looking at yourself this way when you wake up..... and be grateful, feel childlike and giggle. Oh, and try what we also did often in Florida and dance in front of the mirror and giggle. Be absoulutely ok with a mirror and better yet...........have fun with one! grab a friend or loved one for double the fun!

I'm not sure I'm ready for a mirrored bedroom and living room wall, but a little mirror by my bed sounds fun, don't you think? Let me know if you try it!!!!!!!!!!! XOXOXO



1 comment:

Jill said...

This brought tears to my eyes. To see ourselves as God sees us would truly be a gift. I think I need to see that. And, you have me thinking about it now. Thank you.