Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Unseen

Could it be that the unseen is what drives me all along? Like the above picture of my girl on the first day of 8th grade today? She is being happy-silly this morning with Dad.......... But I was remembering last night........... it was her first panic attack, late . Last night in the dark she whispered to me, I have a secret I have never told anyone....... and today I will keep that always. Just between us. It means something. It is small, but sacred. No one will see it.


In Art, there is so much of the unseen to me. Ironic, I know.........but there is symbolism, subtle ideas and emotions to work out by the artist........just so much going on unawares to those around. Yes, this is one thing that drives me, the unseen. There is much going on all around all day every day to everyone of us.

So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. 2 Corinthians 4:18


I told her last night, oh you little creative one! Your senses are heightened and now you are overwhelmed............but take that very same sensitivity and cultivate those good thoughts and images running wild through your head! Oh the same for me. I heard myself say it~ and knew I got a glimpse of the unseen. Today I am seeing so clearly too. The the sky is bluer, brighter and beauty is closer. My conversation with Anjie confirmed it. I wanted to share it so that you can look to it too, my friends.

Sometimes it catches me unaware, but mostly I am looking, and As Elizabeth Barret Browning put it, " Earth's crammed with heaven, and every common bush afire with God; but only he who sees, takes off his shoes, the rest sit around it and pluck blackberries, and daub their natural faces unaware." Read more on this when you check out Ann Voskamps post today on my sidebar. Funny how I hadn't read it when all this was forming in my heart.....the unseen perhaps? Yes, that is it. I hope you are finding not only beauty but also comfort in the unseen today my friends! It is everywhere. The Spirit of the Living God is everywhere.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Oh thank you for this post. All of it. And the Browning quote...yes, that is how my heart feels too.