Tuesday, July 6, 2010

True Rest


I love what Kelly says here about rest and I happen to be very partial to Isaiah 30:15. You see, I have had this very day all planned out and when it just didn't go my way I quicky went to unrest. In the NLT Bible it says "In returning and rest is your salvation, in quietness and confidence is your strength, but you would have none of it." Oops! God offers rest, and it is like no other rest. He knows when we need it more than we can ever realize! We just need to hop (back) up to the table and recieve a big helping of that gift of rest. Again, I think what Kelly offers above is great advice and I hope you will read it! Melissa has started a bible study yesterday that you can easily catch up on here as well.
Remember there is strength in rest.
Restful Tuesday to your beautiful souls!

2 comments:

Sue@MyArtsDesire said...

Hey Cherie,
I think that verse is a favorite of many, don't you? The writing you directed us to sums up the human response in trying to find rest quite well. To borrow the words from an old song, "Lookin' for rest in all the wrong places..." Reading your post was quite timely as I am antsy trying to stay low and rest with a nasty bug of some sort. Xo, Sue

Melissa Runcie | Madabella said...

So sweet...thanks for the link up. :) I love this creative space here, too!

Blessings to you, dear sister in the Lord!