Wednesday, August 26, 2009

My angels


I have recently been reading Loving God with all your Mind, by Elizabeth George and have looked for an angel picture to post to convey one of her encouraging words.............but nothing seems to be what I want, so I am sending you my four angels. Well, as the story goes........ a colossal cube of marble was delivered to Michelangelo's studio........ and as he walked around and around surveying it, touching it and even pressing his face against the cold marble.........Suddenly, he picked up a mallet and chisel and swung ~blow after blow causing small and large chunks of marble to fly in every direction. Watching in awe his apprentice screamed, "what are you doing?!" You are ruining a perfectly good piece of marble!"
I love what comes next! .......With the passion of an artist with a vision, Michelangelo answered, "I see an angel in there and I've got to get him out!" Let's remember, as Elizabeth reminded me~ we serve a Master Artist who is continually thinking of the plans he has for us............. Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, Plans to prosper you , not to harm you, Plans to give you a hope and a future." NIV We just need to be on the journey, and know pruning and "chiseling" are a part of the process. Life is a wild ride, no doubt! Hold on tight my friends.! Hugs to you and your angels!

2 comments:

Hope Ellington said...

Love....Love....Love....this post. Your girls are beautiful too. What a nice remembrance.
Blessings~Hope

Kristin said...

Cherie,
I love this post and your angels! He does know the plans he has for us. Ok, sometimes I wish he would clue me in a little, smile. But trust in him to see it through to his best outcome. I pray amazing plans over you today and always. And all God's children said, AMEN!

Sweet Saturday night to you.